Be it a new house or years old home it’s never too late to give it an elevated look with a curated master bedroom.
Planning your master bedroom wisely can improve its performance and comfort level.
To get started with here are a few simple pointers for you to keep in mind while designing the master bedroom.
- Colour and texture palette
- After a long tiring day, a bedroom should let you relax and unwind. Keeping the colour palette light and neutral is a go-to choice.
- Colours like light tan, beige, and grey combined with crystal white create a serene space.
- A splash of bold and comforting colours such as black, purple, violet, green, and sky blue add more warmth while giving a striking look to your bedroom.
- Using monotonous texture, colour and pattern for the entire room transforms it to be cosier and snuggling.
- Classic multi-colour combos like blue and white, light grey and black, worn brown and beige give it a contemporary semi-traditional look.
- Soft and comforting sheets coupled with flowy sunshades make the room feel natural and effortless.
- Furniture and storage
- Always remember, the furniture in the bedroom needs to be minimal.
- Hidden, accessible storage spaces and closets can work wonders for a master bedroom.
- Highlight the bed as the centerpiece of the interior.
- Utilize contrasting colours and textures for the wall to that of your bed ornamentations.
- Vintage and antique furnishings spill warmth and comfort to your bedroom, while more contemporary and sleek furnishings add a clean look. Pick your choice!
- Functional and ambience lighting
- It’s always good to flood the room with natural light.
- Go for functional lighting in certain spots such as the dresser, room illumination, and study/workspace
- All functional lights need to be white and bright to perform daily tasks with ease. Colour lights like golden yellow or blue can be used for night lamps.
- Multiple low voltage light fittings can be preferred rather than one strong light source.
- The ambience and accent lightings can be installed to highlight or add a theme to the room.
- Creating layers using ambience lighting infuses depth and effective functionality to the room.
To learn more about designing a master bedroom and try your hands on 3D modelling, check out designvegha.com – the AI-powered Interior design platform.